- Are these dyes Environmentally Friendly and/or Low Impact?
- What makes your dyes non-toxic?
- Are these dyes safer than other acid dyes?
- Are all acid dyes heavy metal free?
- How are these dyes different from other manufacturers dyes?
- How do these dyes perform compared to other manufacturers dyes?
- How much fiber is 1/2 ounce of dye able to color?
- What leveling agent is recommended to use with the dyes?
- I would like to wash my dyed fiber. What should I use?
Q: Are Your Dyes Organic Certified?
A: We are unable to call or label these dyes as “Organic” as they are an intermediate step to a finished product. These dyes do comply with the Global Organic Textile Standard 6.0 criteria for organic processing. This means that if you would like to get your yarn certified and call it organic, you can now dye the yarn and still create a product that will comply to organic standards and label it as such.
The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) was developed through collaboration by leading standard setters with the aim of defining requirements that are recognised world-wide and that ensure the organic status of textiles from harvesting of the raw materials through environmentally and socially responsible manufacturing all the way to labelling in order to provide credible assurance to the consumer.