- Are these dyes organic?
- Are these dyes Environmentally Friendly and/or Low Impact?
- What makes your dyes non-toxic?
- Are these dyes safer than other acid dyes?
- Are all acid dyes heavy metal free?
- How are these dyes different from other manufacturers dyes?
- How much fiber is 1/2 ounce of dye able to color?
- What leveling agent is recommended to use with the dyes?
- I would like to wash my dyed fiber. What should I use?
Q: How Do Your Dyes Perform Compared to Competitors’?
A: Greener Shades Dyes perform differently from other manufactures dyes as they are sulfonically balanced so they perform equally well when mixed together.
Greener Shades dyes are a professional level dye available in small quantities. The dyes are balanced through a sulfonation process which allows them to be mixed together and not split when applied to the fiber.
Greener Shades dyes have superior levelling, exhausting, washfastness and lightfastness when compared to other acid dyes.
We use these dyes exclusively in our fiber mill as they exhaust better, mix better, level better, give brighter colors (less dye needed to get desired shade) and generally have better washfastness and lightfastness compared to other acid dyes that we have used in the past.
After years of amazing results on our own fiber, we have opened up access to Greener Shades dyes for other fiber mills to use too!
Click here to explore the dryclean test results on wool and silk.
Click here to read more about the lightfastness test results on wool and silk.