- Are these dyes organic?
- Are these dyes Environmentally Friendly and/or Low Impact?
- What makes your dyes non-toxic?
- Are these dyes safer than other acid dyes?
- Are all acid dyes heavy metal free?
- How are these dyes different from other manufacturers dyes?
- How do these dyes perform compared to other manufacturers dyes?
- How much fiber is 1/2 ounce of dye able to color?
- I would like to wash my dyed fiber. What should I use?
Q: What Leveling Agent Do You Recommend for Greener Shades?
A: Generally we find that a leveling agent is not necessary when using these dyes.
If the fiber is clean (no soap residue or dirt residue) the dye attaches very uniformly throughout the fiber.
If you find that you need a leveling agent, we have used Albegal SET leveling agent in the past. We can also source a leveling agent from our dye manufacturer that works quite well, too.
Click here for instructions on using Greener Shades Dyes on natural fibers